Ottawa is the Capital of Canada and has many popular places. The city which has an area of 2,278 square kilometers is the 7th coldest city in the world. Even though it’s cold, Ottawa has a variety of interesting tourist destinations to visit.
Ottawa has several tourist destinations, from museums to popular shopping places. Want to know more? Here are ten popular tourist destinations in Ottawa, which is the charming Canadian Capital.
- Parliament Hill or what can be called The Hill is the seat of the Canadian government which was built in 1859-1876 in a neo-gothic style
- The Canadian Museum of History is a museum that collects more than 3 million artifacts from Canadian history to anthropology
- One of Canada’s most popular museums, the Canadian Museum of Nature collects millions of specimens, from botany to zoology
- Interesting to visit, the National Gallery of Canada collects tens of thousands of works from various famous artists in the world
- Canadian War Museum is a museum that contains the history of the Canadian military. This museum houses Canadian military artifacts
- Containing the world of aviation and aerospace, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum houses about 130 aircraft and other artifacts
- The National War Memorial is a memorial dedicated to the Canadians who died in World War I and II
- Functioning since 1826, Major’s Hill Park was the first park in Ottawa to become one of Canada’s most popular parks
- The Diefenbunker is a dungeon that originally served as protection in case of a nuclear attack during the Cold War
- Being a popular place in Ottawa, ByWard Market is a shopping area consisting of cake shops, cafes, restaurants, boutiques
The city is dominated by charming classical building architecture. So, those were the ten charming and most popular tourist destinations in Ottawa City. Some of these tourist destinations can be your reference when you are in the Canadian capital.