Istanbul is one of the cities in Turkey that has a variety of historical buildings. Most of these buildings date back hundreds of years, ranging from the ruling Byzantine Empire to the Ottoman Empire.
In addition to many historical places, there are also beautiful flower gardens that adorn this historical city. Curious, what are the most popular destinations in Istanbul, Turkey? Here are ten of them.
- Galata Tower is one of the historical sites of the Byzantine Empire which has been operating since 1348
- Being the oldest and largest market in the world, Grand Bazaar is one of the must-visit places in Turkey
- Having changed functions several times, the beauty of the Hagia Sophia building captivates the hearts of visiting tourists
- Located next to the Hagia Sophia, the Sultan Ahmed Mosque has been established in 1616 by order of Sultan Ahmed I
- Topkapi Castle is a palace that became the residence of the Sultans of the Ottoman Empire. Now, the palace has been turned into a museum
- Gulhane Park is one of the most beautiful and historical parks located next to Topkapi Istana Palace
- Dolmabahçe Palace is the most magnificent residence of the Sultan of Ottoman Turkey which was founded in 1843-1856
- Emirgan Park is the largest tulip garden in Turkey. The colorful tulips make this garden very beautiful
- The Süleymaniye Mosque was built in 1550-1557 during the reign of Sultan Suleyman Al-Qanuni
- Being underground, the Basilica Cistern became a water reservoir built by Emperor Justinian I in 542 AD
Interesting right? Those are the ten most popular tourist destinations in Istanbul, Turkey. Of the ten destinations above, which places would you most like to visit?