Japan has many castles that have distinctive architecture that is certainly different from castles in Europe in general. Every year, the castle can attract many tourists to visit.
One of the popular castles that attract many visitors is Himeji Castle. In addition to admiring the beauty of the buildings, this castle is rumored to be one of the most haunted castles in the world. Are you curious about other facts? Come on, see the following article!
- Himeji Castle is a castle located in Himeji City, Hyogo Prefecture
- This castle is one of Japan’s National Treasures which has been included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- The castle which is dominated by white color is nicknamed the White Crane Castle
- Construction of the castle began in the 14th century and took several centuries to complete
- This magnificent castle has more than 80 sections with different sections inside
- This castle is famous for being haunted because according to the story, there is a castle well inhabited by ghosts
- This ghost is a ghost from Japanese mythology called Okiku
- Okiku according to the story will appear from the well at night. Next, this ghost will start counting
- When the count reaches nine, the okiku will let out a terrible cry. Once done, okiku will return to the well again
Himeji Castle is one of the most beautiful castles in Japan. Behind its beauty, this castle has a spooky story that will certainly make many people cringe.