Shikoku Island is one of the 4 main islands that make up Japan, namely Hokkaido, Honshu, Shikoku, and Kyushu.
The island is located between the Seto Inland Sea and the Pacific Ocean. There are 4 prefectures located there, namely Tokushima, Kagawa, Ehime, and Kochi.
The smallest island in Japan with the least population of people offers natural and historical tourist destinations whose beauty is so popular.
So what tourist destinations are there? Come on, find out the 10 recommended destinations below.
- The charming Great Seto Bridge is a bridge that connects Honshu Island and Shikoku Island
- This island offers beautiful natural attractions and is still so beautiful, one of which is the Shimanto River in Kochi Prefecture
- Angel Road, which is a 500-meter sandy road in Kagawa Prefecture, offers breathtaking views
- When tired, just step on the gas to Dogo Onsen which is the oldest hot spring in Japan. Guaranteed to relax!
- One with nature, the Kazurabashi Bridge is a Tokushima Prefecture landmark that you shouldn’t miss
- In Kochi Prefecture there is Cape Ashizuri which offers amazing views, you know
- Not only a place of worship, but Kotohira Shrine in Kagawa Prefecture is also a very popular tourist spot, you know
- Matsuyama Castle is the most beautiful castle in Ehime Prefecture. There are more than 200 cherry trees that can spoil the eye
- Shikoku also has several beautiful beaches, one of which is Katsurahama Beach in Kochi Prefecture Prefecture
- The Otsuka Museum of Art in Tokushima Prefecture exhibits a variety of Western art from ancient times to the 20th century, you know
Those are 10 popular tourist destinations on Shikoku Island, Japan. If you have the opportunity to go there, which destination do you want to visit first?