England is a country that is one of the favorite destinations in the world. The country whose capital is London is famous for its royal system. In addition, England is also known as the first country that sparked the industrial revolution in the 18th century.
Besides London, the city that became the largest industrial center in England in Birmingham. The second largest city in the UK has some unique interesting facts to know. Curious? Come on, see the following reviews!
- Birmingham is the city with the youngest population in Europe. 40% of Birmingham’s population is under 25 years old
- Many world-famous musicians were born in Birmingham, such as The Streets, UB40, The Moody Blues, and Duran Duran
- In addition, Birmingham is home to famous scientists, such as Matthew Boulton, James Watt, and William Murdoch
- Cadbury is the second largest candy producer in the world founded in Birmingham by John Cadbury in 1824
- The Library of Birmingham is the largest public library in Europe with 2.5 million visitors annually
- Birmingham has more canals than Venice with 161 km
- There are four football clubs in Birmingham, namely Aston Villa, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Birmingham City, and West Bromwich Albion
- Birmingham inspired J.R.R. Tolkien in his famous novels, namely “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings”
- Birmingham has five major universities so it is called the center of education in the UK
- The Electric is the oldest cinema in the UK operating since 1909 in the City of Birmingham
Birmingham is one of the must-visit cities in England. What’s more, The New York Times magazine included Birmingham on its list of must-visit places in the world. Who wants to visit Birmingham?