When it comes to the Netherlands, the first things that come to mind are world-class art masterpieces, ancient mills left over from the 13th century, tulip fields, cycling culture, and vibrant nightlife. However, rather than that, the most interesting thing is natural tourism in the form of beaches.
Not to be outdone by historical buildings with majestic architecture, beaches in the Netherlands offer a panoramic view that manages to amaze. For those of you who are interested in knowing about the beautiful beaches in the Netherlands, here are some of the best recommendations.
- Beautiful panoramas, distinctive culture, and places full of history are the reasons tourists come to Scheveningen Beach in The Hague
- Zandvoort Beach is covered in golden sand with cold and blowing seawater. Tourists rarely enter the water to swim
- Auddorp Beach is decorated with golden sand. High waves and strong winds are perfect for surfers. The locals often come here too
- Hoek van Holland Beach has a coastline of 18 kilometers. On the banks, there are beautiful golden dunes
- On the edge of Bergen aan Zee Beach, which is famous for its high waves, there is a 5-kilometer-long park. Nice to relax!
- Domburg Beach is sunny all year round. The oldest beach in the Netherlands is filled with tourists just to get some sunshine
- Rockanje Beach can be visited for free. This beach has moderate wind and waves with warm sea water
- The environment of Kijkduin Beach is still very natural and beautiful because the beach has not been touched by many tourists. Private beach, here!
- Surrounded by green trees, Oostvoorne Beach offers a calm and peaceful atmosphere. Seals, birds, and other local fauna often appear
- Paal 29 Beach is a hidden gem that can be reached via Schoorlse Duinen with a 1.5-hour hike
All beaches in the Netherlands have characteristics that make anyone want to visit them again. The beach season in the Netherlands takes place in July-August because the weather is neither too cold nor too hot. Ready for a beach trip in the Netherlands?