His name may still be rarely heard, but the beauty of this city is not to be missed. Groningen is one of the old cities in the Netherlands which has a myriad of interesting tourist destinations.
You can find old towers, tourist villages, and museums with artistic designs in this city. You can also ride a bicycle or a boat to enjoy the beauty that the city of Groningen has to offer.
Need a reference for interesting tourist attractions in the Netherlands? You must visit the following 9 places in Groningen.
- Martinitoren is an old tower that has stood for almost 500 years and is the tallest building in Groningen
- Lauwersmeer National Park is suitable as a weekend tourist destination, especially when summer comes
- Still in the Lauwersmeer National Park area, Wadden Sea is a tourist area as well as a UNESCO world heritage site
- Forum Groningen is a place for sightseeing as well as learning with 5 cinemas, cafes, and a library
- Entering the Middle Ages, Hoge de A and Lage de A are old warehouses located by the pier
- Piloersemaborg is the only royal estate that still exists in the Netherlands. The combination of antiques belonging to farmer’s farms brings back 19th-century history
- Bourtange is one of the tourist villages in Groningen with a beautiful layout. The beautiful rural atmosphere is the main attraction
- Besides Bourtange, there is another tourist village called Niehove which has dozens of old buildings with a calm and comfortable atmosphere
- The Groningen Museum, which was built in 1994 with a creative and colorful architectural setting, is also a must visit
The places above are guaranteed suitable to be visited to spend time while on vacation in this city. So you want to go on vacation right away, right?