Spain is one of the most popular countries in Europe which is often used as a holiday destination by most tourists from all over the world. The country is famous for its legendary old towns and historic buildings.
Not only that, but Spain also has many popular natural tourist destinations. Like some of the lakes below that will convince you that Spain’s natural beauty is not inferior to other countries in Europe. What are the most beautiful lakes in Spain? Here’s the portrait.
- Lago de Sanabria is the largest natural freshwater lake in Spain. This lake is the largest glacial lake on the Iberian Peninsula
- Laguna Rosa in Torrevieja is unique because the water is pink. This is due to the high salt content
- Surrounded by mountains and rocky hills, Lagos de Covadonga in Asturias has a pretty spectacular green panorama
- Lagoon Fuente de Piedra in Malaga is the ‘home’ for the flamengo. Many people come to see the beautiful bird
- Enjoying the beauty of Lago de Bañolas in Girona is a pleasant thing. The calm waters are often decorated with swimming animals
- Consisting of about fifteen small lakes, Lagunas de Ruidera located in La Mancha is connected by several waterfalls
- Surrounded by trees, La Laguna Negra in Soria at 1,773 meters above sea level is part of the hiking trail to the top of Pico de Urbión
- Lago de San Mauricio in Lérida is known for its stunning views. The lake is also home to flora and fauna
- Situated at an altitude of almost 1,000 meters above sea level, Laguna de Gallocanta is one of Spain’s migrating cranes
Those are some of the most beautiful lakes in Spain that you can use as an alternative reference for your tour when visiting the country nicknamed the Matador Country. In your opinion, which is the most beautiful and unique version of you?